Over their many years of experience, Paint Technology experts have developed and tested various paint systems in practice. The optimal combination of coatings, the number and thickness of the layers allow an ideal way to protect the painted surface and ensure its long service life. The implementation of the recommendations specified in the technical specifications for the materials and descriptions of the systems are an integral part of a successful result.
How to choose a paint system
When choosing a paint system, the following factors must be taken into account:
• Corrosion load category.
• Material of the surface to be painted.
• Costs of primary painting, as well as possible costs of maintenance of the coating throughout the life of the facility.
• Damage caused by transportation or storage of painted objects / structures and related repair coatings.
• Methods of surface pretreatment and the location of the paintwork (workshop, construction site, etc.), the conditions for the paintwork (season, humidity and air temperature).
• The operating conditions of the object / structure under the influence of special influences, for example, mechanical, temperature, etc., immersion in water / chemicals, increased pollution, etc.
• Possible additional requirements, such as fire protection requirements.
• Aesthetic factors, for example, the ability to obtain the desired color, gloss level, weather resistance, etc.
Varieties of protective paint systems
Protective paint systems are divided into: Alkyd (TA), Epoxy (TE), Water-borne (TF), Oxyranoether (TO), Polyurethane (TP) and Silicone or Special (TX). Each sheet of the system contains: a list of the objects of application of this system, information about the paint, the thickness of the film film, the substrate, as well as the corresponding category of corrosion load. Additionally, on the sheet you can find information about surface preparation, conditions for painting and repair painting.